Wednesday, January 16, 2008

False (Women) Teachers

I have been on the internet alot lately, looking up sites of various teachers of religion. Not only Pentecostal, which I am, but others of other denominations. Fascinating - absolutely fascinating to see, and hear, the variety of speakers.... and thats only the women speakers out there! So many .... and so many views... views about scripture...views about the word of God!
Now, I am not the Judge of those speakers. I am not perfect! I am not the one to say "This one's right' "That one is not right"! BUT, I do have a Father who has given us His Word by which we can base what we hear!
All those speakers would say "I am a Christian"! I'm not saying that they are not, or that they never had an experience with Jesus... BUT, sometimes as we follow along, we hear the beck and call of other voices and at first, we don't listen - No Way! Yet, those voices are subtle.. "Just listen to this interpretation! Not bad is it?" And you think "No, that sounds pretty good!" Whose voice is speaking to you?
I am not a speaker - yet! I am an internet voice, but I am one trying to influence women! So, I must be careful! We must all take what is said to us , back to the Word of God. " Rightly dividing the Word of Truth." You've heard it said - Speak the truth and nothing but the truth. The Bible is that truth. God does not contain Truth. GOD IS TRUTH! HE IS!!! Daily we miss out on perfection. Daily we must come to God to confess - but, are the speakers you're listening to, coming before the throne of grace, and finding Grace and Forgiveness in the time of need? How about Humility? Do they show a humble spirit?
Now, I could say to you, that Billy Graham is a great, humble man to listen to. Of course he is not a woman, so lets talk about his wife Ruth! Humble - not haughty. Are you listening to haughty teachers?
How are they spending the money sent to them? What kind of a house do they live in ? Are they helping the poor?
I was laying awake a few nights ago, being bothered by this theme! Ladies, ladies, Satan wants us to rise up and be women of this world... women who don't have to listen to their husbands.. women who will step on others' toes to get what they want...because after all.."I deserve it!!" What was that song -"I AM WOMAN!" So what! You are a woman because God and DNA made you a woman! Presto! You have no rights, but what God allows in His Word! The best definition of God's type of woman is in Proverbs 31...read it all! and other places talk about a meek, humble woman!
Are you thinking that God means woman to be trampled on? No way! God has plenty to say about man! God loves YOU! God loves woman and created her! Let me interject a word here... Do people say you're ugly? God doesn't say that! He says you're beautiful and He loves you so much. He wants to spend eternity with you in heaven!
Are the women you're listening to - in meetings, on T.V., on cable, on the Web, or at church - are they trying to be the Proverbs 31 lady? Are they preaching truth or are they slowly, slowly leading you away from the God who is Truth, the One whose name is Jesus!
Beware of the voices you follow! You are too precious to lose to deception! Eternity is up ahead...just around the corner!
Let's go Back to the Bible..Back to Prayer!Jesus said "I came to bring you Life, and that more abundantly".

No comments: