Friday, November 02, 2012

What Can We Learn From Sorrow

WHAT CAN WE LEARN FROM SORROW? There was a knock at my door, so I hurried to open it. When I looked through the window of the door, I saw who it was. I quickly locked the door, and secured it with a bolt. I even got hold of some furniture and pushed it in front of the door! My fears at seeing who was at the door somewhat subsided, but only somewhat…because Sorrow then started speaking to me from the other side of the door. Why won’t you let me come in? You will learn so much from me and from experiencing me in your life and in those around you. I will teach you many things, if you will let me! I can teach you Mercy, Compassion, Patience, Love, Kindness and Forgiveness. You cannot learn these things any other way. Are you sure you want to keep the door locked?” Mercy, Compassion, Patience, Love, Kindness, and Forgiveness, were standing in back of Sorrow. I could see them out there on my front sidewalk. There was something keeping them from getting past Sorrow. Something! And yet, they didn’t even want to get past Sorrow. So, I pondered and waited and wondered and prayed. “Yes, Lord, I want all you have for me, and if this is the only way for me to learn those wonderful things, then I will open the door.” I pulled away the furniture, unlocked the bolt, unlocked the door, and opened it. Sorrow flooded over me, and unseen with her, was Grief and Pain! I cried, “Lord, is this the only way? Are You sure? Are You with me? I cannot bear this alone, Lord! Please help me!” Then His Peace came and I felt His Everlasting Wings underneath me. The Sorrow, Grief and Pain were still there, but also Assurance of His Love, I said, Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou, Lord” As I yielded to Jesus, in this way for me, I started seeing that Mercy, Compassion, Patience, Love, Kindness, and Forgiveness were coming through my front door. I embraced then All…All! For I knew that I would not learn the last things without the first. Then I remembered what the Lord said…Sorrow, Tears, Death, Crying and Pain will someday pass away. (Rev 21:4) Thankyou, Lord!

No comments: